For the fifth year in a row, the National Assembly’s Committee on Social Development has published the 2018 Government Survey of National Hospitals ENCUESTA NACIONAL DE HOSPITALES 2018). The results show an accelerating decline in hospital services and supplies and a rise in
- 79% of health centers have a critical lack medical and surgical supplies
- 86% of health centers lack devices to perform ecocardiograms/ ultrasound
- 94% of health centers lack devices to perform X Rays
- 96% of health centers nutrition and food services are inoperable
- 66% of pediatric services in public hospitals do not have formula to give to newborn babies.
Report was shared by José Manuel Olivares